STUDIO POLICIES & PROCEDURES
Failure to comply with any of these rules could result in your child’s dismissal from class and will be at the discretion of the directors. A signed copy of this document will remain on file as well.
- The Centre runs on a ten-month dance year which begins in August and concludes with an end of the year recital in May. Our summer sessions are taught in June and/or July and do not conclude with a performance. Each student must register through our system and pay a $35/year registration fee.
- Tuition is charged in ten equal installment payments starting in August regardless of the number of classes in the month. Whether we have a short month (3 weeks) or a long month (5 weeks), tuition remains the same.
- Tuitions and all other fees are non-refundable.
- You may pay in advance for tuition or fees. All students must have a credit/debit card or checking account on file. There is a $35 fee charged for each returned or declined payment in our automated system. It is the parent’s responsibility to update any information including expired or compromised card information in the Parent Portal.
- If you decide to withdraw your child from a class and switch to another, there will be a $50 charge. If you wish to withdraw from all classes, a formal withdrawal form must be completed 60 days in advance and turned in to the front office. The forms can be printed from our website under the ‘Class Information’ tab or be found in the Parent Portal. You will be charged tuition until the form is completed and received by the Centre office. There is no reduction in tuition for missed classes. If more than four consecutive classes are missed without payment, your child will be dismissed from the class, and tuition will be charged until the withdrawal form is received. No student will be permitted to withdraw from the program or any class after December 1st. ALL Charges will be applicable.
- We accept all major credit cards or Cash for merchandise only purchases in the office.
- Costumes for the end of the year recital are required for each class. Costume cost $65/class and must be paid in full by the following dates. All fees will be automatically deducted from accounts on file.
**Tiny Tots, Ballet, and Jazz classes are due October 10th.
**Hip Hop, Gymnastics, Tap, and Musical Theatre are due November 10th.
All late payments and orders are subject to a $15 late fee to pay for extra shipping on rushed orders. Note: Tiny Tumblers, Strength/Stretch/Turn/Leap, Gym Level III & Contemporary classes will not participate in the recital.
- Some of the classes will be asked to perform in community events such as the Autauga County Fair, Prattville Christmas Tree Lighting, CityFest, and others. These performances are optional for students but are encouraged. A fee for performance attire of no more than $25 may be required for these performances and is payable in the office. All Centre dancers are invited to participate in the Prattville Christmas parade. A Centre sweatshirt or t-shirt will be required to ride on the Centre float. Please see the Bi-Monthly Newsletters for dates of all of these events.
- Our annual end of the year recital will be held on Saturday in May at 6:00pm General Performance and 4:00 Solo/Duet-Trio Performance in downtown Montgomery. The $60 per dancer performance fee is due on March 10th and will be automatically deducted from accounts on file. All students are required to pay this fee whether or not they participate. This ensures theatre rental, stagehand fees, lighting/music, & backstage helpers. Dress rehearsal will be at 7:30am at the theatre. Students are to arrive by 5:30pm for general performance and 3:30 for solo/duet-trio recital.
- Occasionally informative letters are sent home throughout the year. Please check your child’s dance bag regularly.
- We also communicate through the Parent Portal via emails. Make sure that this information is current.
- The Centre is not responsible for children left unattended before or after class times. If you will be arriving late to pick up your child, please let the instructor know, so he or she can take the student to the office to wait on you.
- All scheduled rehearsals and classes are closed unless otherwise specified by your child’s teacher. This allows there to be fewer distractions and a more productive instructional time for teachers and students. You are always invited to watch your child through our observation windows. Please refrain from entering the room during a scheduled class.
- All students are required to be in proper dancewear and appropriate shoes to attend classes. Proper dancewear along with prompt and regular attendance, establishes an enjoyable dance experience. All hair should be secured away from your child’s face with no excessive jewelry worn. No gum or candy is allowed.
- Private Lessons are offered to those wishing to improve skills on an individual basis or for special events such as talent shows, pageants, etc. Private Lessons are by the half hour or hour, and fees charged are at the discretion of the instructor.
- I understand and allow that during your child/children’s time at the Centre, he or she may be featured on the website by name, photograph, and/or video. All students will be featured in the recital video and/or program.
- Classes are held on all school/teacher workdays. The dates the studio is closed are listed below. During severe weather conditions, announcements will be posted on the Facebook page and through the Parent Portal regarding class cancellations.
September Labor Day
November Full Week– Thanksgiving Holidays
Autauga County Public School Christmas Holidays
Autauga County Public School Spring Break
- Any issues, concerns or grievances of any kind that you may have regarding your child, child’s instructor, etc. are to be addressed privately with the director in the office. If the director is not available, please schedule an appointment via the office manager or by sending an email to, firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not confront the instructor before, during, or after classes. Please refrain from discussing the matter in the lobby or in front of other parents and children. Failure to comply with these rules may result in student dismissal.
I have read the above Policy document and agree to comply with the terms explained.
Parent’s Name Printed: ____________________________ Date________________
Parent’s Signature: ____________________________________________________